Monday 25 April 2016

PLATFORM POSTER


Above is my final poster design for my art exhibition 'PLATFORM'. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and think the colours and the overall design and shapes fit really well together. I wanted to have a few different shapes on my poster because when researching I saw that a lot of modern art exhibition posters did include shapes. I went for a slightly different shape which was the pentagon and then chose the standard rectangle shape to also appear on my poster. To relate both shapes together I included the same range of colours for both and put them in the same order. To create the shapes I used the rectangle tool and polygon tool on Photoshop. 



I then changed the opacity of the pentagons. I wanted them to be slightly see through so that the colours weren't so heavy and you could see them overlapping one another. I felt like this made my poster look more interesting and emphasised the shapes. To change the opacity of my shapes I used the opacity tool in Photoshop. 




The font I used for the title, date, location and website of the art exhibition was called Andale Mono Regular. I wanted a different font to my title but I didn't want it to be completely different and I also wanted it to still look modern. I felt that this font fit really well with the initial design and was clear for people looking at the poster to read.




I used the smudge tool on the rectangles at the bottom of the poster to give a bit more effect them. I felt they looked too harsh at the bottom and so I decided to soften just the front of them from left to right using this tool. 


And finally, I inserted the TATE MODERN logo in the bottom left-hand corner of my poster because this is where the art exhibition is being held and so I wanted to include it in my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment