Tuesday 19 April 2016

FINAL IDEA: PLATFORM

PLATFORM is the final idea for my exhibition. It is a student art exhibition that takes place at Tate Modern in London in July 2016. 

The art exhibition focuses purely on modern art that has been created by students at local universities. 

I wanted the exhibition to be on modern art because I felt I was able to create a poster, banner, badge, t-shirt and web page design that linked really well to modern art as I wanted to use shapes and modern text and for the design to not be too complex or old fashioned. 

I felt that it was best to make the art exhibition a student one because, as a student myself, I am able to create designs that will attract people my age and/or around my age to make them more intrigued about the art exhibition and therefore, more likely to attend.  




Modern Art Posters Inspiration 


























Above are some examples of modern art exhibition posters that I found online. When researching them, I found that a lot of them used lots of different shapes. I thought that shapes made the poster look a lot more modern and therefore related to the chosen art exhibit really well and so I wanted to follow this theme.
However, when I researched these posters, I found that a lot of the shapes were similar (squares, circles, rectangles etc.) and so I decided to use a pentagon shape to make mine stand out and be more unique. I also found that with a pentagon, you could angle it to make it look more funky and quirky which I really liked!

No comments:

Post a Comment