Monday 29 February 2016

INSPIRATION

My design tastes differ a great deal. I find lots of different graphic designs interesting and intriguing. On one hand, I like simple and "pretty" looking designs like the ones below. They're quite simple and there isn't much going on in them but I like the way they look and I think that sometimes, less is more.


I really like how basic this design is. It's very cleverly done and does what it needs to do. I like how an object is created out of text, in this case an umbrella, and we are actually able to tell what it is. The designer could've easily had a picture of a normal umbrella and placed the font somewhere else on the page separately. Instead, they chose to combine it and I think that's very creative and hopefully something similar to what I am able to achieve. 



This design has been created by the same designer. Again, the design is fairly basic but is very nice and easy on the eye. There isn't much going on in the photo but again, less is more. I like how the flowers are placed in the centre of the text with a faded effect. I also really like the colours that has been used as they're quite cool toned. I like the way the font has been presented as well. It's still easy to read but the letters are quite funky and obscure.


As well as basic designs, I also like designs that have a lot going on, but aren't too over the top. 




This design really stood out for me. I love the colours and the gradient that is created by them. I really like how the insect is created through circles and is clearly the main attraction of the design as it takes up the whole page. Personally however, I would change the design and make the insect slightly smaller so I am able to insert some text above or below it.  




The final design that stood out a lot for me is the one above. I don't think I'm necessarily going to be creating one like this but I thought it was really cute. I love how the letters are quite simply placed but the designer has added an animal that begins with each letter on or around it. I also love the colour scheme that has been used and they all go really well together.   

No comments:

Post a Comment